Education Visas

Our office can provide assistance to prospective students seeking to enter a high-school, college or university program, an exchange program, language training in the United States, or a vocational or non-academic course or program.

F-1 Students

  • F-1 status allows a student to temporarily enter the U.S. solely to pursue a full course of study at an established academic elementary school, high school, college, university, seminary, conservatory, or language school
  • The student can be seeking a bachelor's, master's, Ph.D. or other graduate level degree, or be engaged in postdoctoral studies
  • Spouses and children of F-1 students are granted F-2 status, however, F-2 visa holders are not permitted to work in the United States
  • F-1 students may engage in part-time employment on campus and may work off-campus with authorization

J-1 Exchange Visitors

  • This category includes students, scholars, trainees, teachers, professors, specialists, foreign medical graduates, international visitors, government visitors, camp counselors, au pairs, and participants in summer student travel/work programs who seek to visit the United States to participate in U.S. government approved Exchange-Visitor Programs
  • Immediate family members of J-1 visa holders may enter as J-2 non-immigrants, and may be authorized to take employment
  • Some J-1 visitors must return to their home country for two years before being eligible for an immigrant visa, lawful permanent residency, or an H or L non-immigrant visa. This requirement may be waived under certain circumstances

M-1 Vocational Students

Visas for vocational or non-academic students seeking to enter the U.S. temporarily to pursue a full course of study at an established or recognized vocational or other non-academic institution (other than a language training program)

Contact Us